Friday, May 4, 2018

Let Go Of The Anger (Romans 12:18-21)


by Chuck Ness

Anger is an acid that can do more harm to the vessel in which it is stored than to anything on which it is poured. Paul tells us to;
Let all bitterness, wrath, anger, clamor, and evil speaking
be put away from you, with all malice.
Ephesians 4:31
Anger and rage do more harm to those those who practice it, than it does to the person the anger is targeted at. How many times have we witnessed someone so full of anger and rage that they end up doing something that only hurts themselves. How many times has that happened to you?

The Lord our God gave us a free will. The ability to choose which road to take in our daily journey. We can choose to walk in peace with The Lord, or we can choose to walk in anger with the enemy. One is grace the other is not, one is obedience the other is sin.

For many years I walked with anger in my heart for those who did me wrong or hurt my loved ones. I chose to sin and be angry rather than be obedient and let go of that anger. It took many years to learn this lesson. And all it took, was for me to submit to the will God in my life. To see things through His eyes instead of my own. To realize how many times He offered me grace instead of reacting in anger.

Through the sacrifice of His Son, I have salvation, but with that salvation comes the duty to love, not hate. He loves me, and his grace is sufficient for me, who am I to do any less for others?

I am not perfect by any means, but I try my best to love and bless those who do me wrong. When I am successful at holding back my anger, I know that I will heaping coals of fire upon their heads instead burning myself with my anger.
If it is possible, as much as depends on you, live peaceably with all men. Beloved, do not avenge yourselves, but rather give place to wrath; for it is written, "VENGEANCE IS MINE, I WILL REPAY," says the Lord. Therefore "IF YOUR ENEMY IS HUNGRY, FEED HIM; IF HE IS THIRSTY, GIVE HIM A DRINK; FOR IN SO DOING YOU WILL HEAP COALS OF FIRE ON HIS HEAD.Do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good. Proverbs 25:21-22 & Romans 12:18-21

No comments:

Post a Comment