Wednesday, April 12, 2017

Alabama State Senate Votes To Allow A Church To Have It's Own Police Force




Alabama Senate votes to allow church to form police dept.

by Chuck Ness
I have seen this time and time again. A church feels they are under attack by outside forces and they decide to use armed guards to protect the Pastors and parishioners. The first time I ran across this was in the early "80"s when I asked if my wife and child could attend my sister-in-laws church. She told me she would have to get permission from the leaders of the church to attend. After inquiring why, I learned that the church had been under attack and that guards were placed at the entrances, and no one was allowed in that was not a member.

This struck me odd, because ever since I was a young boy I was allowed to walk into any church I wanted to, and sit and listen to the sermon.  Yes, even when I walked into a Catholic Church when I was 11, I walked in and just sat down with no one trying to stop me. In the years since, I have grown to disagree with Catholicism. I digress though because this is not about the Catholic church. I later learned that my sister-in-laws church was the, "World Wide Church Of God", and a cult. Since then it's founder, Herbert W. Armstrong has died, and his successor has brought the church into the mainstream of Christ's teachings, The WCG has also been recognized by the National Association of Evangelicals. However, this is about an Evangelical church in Alabama that decided to ask the State of Alabama if they could create their own police force. So far they have the Alabama State Senate approved by a 24 to 4 vote.
They claim they need their own police force because;
"it needs its own police officers to keep its school as well
as its more than 4,000 person congregation safe."

Later the same thing happened when the church I was attending and ushering for began using guards, some of which are armed. They claim it is to  protect the pastors and the parishioners. My mind wondered back to the time I was told by my sister-in-law that the church she attended had armed guards. Now I am not calling Calvary Chapel Chico a cult, but it is kind of strange attending a service where the guards have rank over the Ushers.

Now we have this church in Alabama that wants to take the next step of having it's own police force. Does this not sound familiar to anyone? There are and have been cults that had their own police force, or at least armed guards to protect the church member, the leaders, and to keep the members in line.Now an Evangelical main stream Christian church wants to have their own police force. Something the Muslims are doing in Germany with Sharia Law police, and yes in the United Kingdom where they have Sharia Law Zones enforced by Muslim Authorities.

Now I am not accusing the 4000 member church in Alabama of being so strict that they are planning to enforce strict adherence to the  Bible, but look at the precedent we are allowing to be set. Nothing ever stays the way it is, things happen that causes those in power to increase their authority over people. Even if that never happened with that church, the precedence will have been set for a Mosque to one day demand the same right as the Christian church., There by one day having a Sharia Law police force someplace in the United states.

Is there anyone that thinks this is a good idea? Please let me know, because I want to ask you what planet are you living on.

3 comments:

  1. Yes this is a good idea. This church promotes traditional Christianity and rejects the postmodernism that has infected many mainline Protestant Churches as well as much of Catholicism. As a result, it is a potential target of violence both from the US left as well as islamic jihadists. It has a large congregation and needs to be able to worship in the manner that they see fit without fear of violence from groups that disagree with their long held beliefs.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So you are OK with the idea that one day a Mosque will use the precedence set by the State that they to have a right to their own police force? Which you know they will call the Sharia Police.

      Delete
    2. By the way, if I did not make myself clear, I have no problem with parishioners that have ccw permits in church. My problem is armed guards and a police force. If the pastor wants to carry, OK. Even if the Ushers carry, fine, but armed guards who are a separate entity and a police force? No way.

      Delete